Inclusive Friends Association (IFA) is a Person with Disability (PWD) woman-led non-profit and non-governmental organization that employs data to address inclusion and participation challenges of over 30 million PWDs in Nigeria through advocacy, training, and research. IFA focal areas of work are Democracy, Good Governance, and Gender. Located in Abuja, IFA is an innovative and consistent leader within the Disability community as well as in the democracy and governance space with a wide network of allies, stakeholders, and various PWD groups nationally, which are instrumental to the success of its programs. At IFA, we envision a world where PWDs are supported to live fulfilled lives in their communities and we constantly look forward to hiring individuals that would share this vision with us.
IFA seeks to hire a Program Officer, Gender starting in February 2021. The ideal candidate should have experience in implementing sexual and gender-based violence and disability-related projects. The successful candidate will work with persons with disability leaders across various states to increase PWD knowledge of grass-roots advocacy to combat gender-based violence on women and girls with disabilities. The candidate will also work with youth advocates with disabilities in the implementation of the initiatives they would be developing
during their residency program at IFA. This position is available immediately.
- Implement a project to build a network of youth advocates with disabilities, and improve their capacity to spotlight and innovatively address incidences of gender-based violence against women and girls with disabilities (WGWDs).
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the project.
- Provide technical support and guidance to youth advocates with disabilities in designing and implementing the initiatives they develop in the residency program.
- Plan and coordinate a residency program to train the youth with disability advocates on gender-based violence, advocacy, etc.
- Work with colleagues in Abuja to identify consultants and experts to assist with the residential training to be organized.
- Develop and/or leads the production of program materials when needed to facilitate activities, workshops, training sessions, etc.;
- Draft weekly, activity, and monthly program report that monitor and evaluate program performance and results as well as the progress of youth leaders in their respective states.
- Ensures programmatic objectives are achieved as well as reporting requirements are adhered to.
- Develop and/or implement other programmatic and administrative activities as needed.
- Support M&E Officer in the collection of relevant data to evaluate program progress and outcomes.
- Participate in staff meetings and presents weekly program updates.
- Represent IFA at sexual and gender-based violence-related programs with other organizations.
Required skills and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline including public health, international development, sociology, social science, or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of project implementation is a must and in the field of Sexual and Gender-based Violence.
- Experience in working with Persons with Disabilities is an asset.
- Knowledge of Nigeria’s policy analysis developments in sexual and gender violence.
- Ability to communicate skills and experience to others as a trainer, as well as experience in organizing and conducting pieces of training and workshops.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to effectively and persuasively present information, respond to questions and negotiate as well as share information with partners and donors.
- Experience in program design, strategic planning, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Working knowledge of computer-based word processing and spreadsheet applications and Google Apps suite (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent people skills, ability to work independently, and the ability to work in multi-cultural teams and environments;
- Experience in grant/proposal writing and grant reporting
- Good teamwork and personal communication skills;
How to apply?
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to the email: email@example.com
by Sunday 17 January 2021. Applications would be reviewed immediately after they are received.
The application must include a cover letter and a CV outlining the motivation for this position at IFA. The email subject should be the position applied for. Example: Human Resource/Admin.
Qualified females with or without disabilities will be given first consideration.